Plagne – all you need for your ski holiday in one great resort.
La Plagne is one of the largest ski resorts in the world. Great for family ski holidays and group skiing holidays. The Vanoise Express cable car links the resort via les Coches and Plan Peisey in Les Arcs creating the combined ski area known as Paradiski.
La Plagne itself is well known as a beginners’ and intermediates’ paradise. There is a huge number of easily accessible nursery slopes and miles of motorway pistes. The whole ski area is served by a massive inter-linking lift system. A network of snow-making machines covers many of the lower slopes as well as some higher altitude pistes. You really can ski from mid-December through to late April.
La Plagne Accommodation:
- Self-catered apartments – Centre, Plagne 1800, Belle Plagne, Aime 2000, Plagne Villages, Bellecote, Soleil, Montalbert, Les Coches, Montchavin and Champagny.
- Self-catering chalets – Plagne Soleil.
- Ski Chalets – Centre, Plagne 1800, Belle Plagne, Montalbert, Montchavin and Les Coches.
- Luxury ski chalets – Centre, Plagne 1800.
- Chalet Hotel Christina, Mark Warner – Plagne Centre.
- Club Med – Aime 2000.
- Hotels – Centre, Belle Plagne, Montchavin.
Quick guide to the villages and ski accommodation:
High altitude ski resorts (1800-2100m):
- Plagne Centre – old and new catered Ski Chalets, Chalet Hotel Christina, hotels, many ski apartments.
- Plagne 1800 – for the best selection of catered Ski Chalets.
- Aime 2000 – budget and luxury ski apartments; also Club Med.
- Belle Plagne – ski apartments, Ski Chalets and hotels, good for ski door to door.
- Bellecote – cheap apartments only.
- Plagne Villages – mainly apartments, a small number of catered chalets.
- Soleil – mainly apartments, some self-catered ski chalets.
Lower ski resorts:
- Montalbert (1350m) – ski apartments and catered ski chalets.
- Montchavin (1250m) – old farming village, hotels, apartments and some catered ski chalets.
- Les Coches (1400m) – ski apartments and a few catered ski chalets.
- Champagny (1250m) – south facing, ski apartments and some catered chalets.
All the information you need for your ski holiday RECENTLY ADDED:
- Accommodation: Hotels, Ski Chalets, Self-Catering Apartments.
- Ski hire: great deals with SkiSet.
- Travel: flights, trains, self-drive, more links to follow.
- Ski Jobs in the resort for this winter. Advertise your ski jobs for FREE.
On our wish list and hopefully to be added soon:
- More apartments: Centre & Montalbert.
- Ski schools: prices and review of the ski schools around the resort. Links to allow early booking.
- Tour Operators: an independent review of the tour operators offering this resort.
- Restaurants and bars.
- Childcare: who offers childcare and in which village.
- Tips on what to take and what to leave behind.
We do not aim to sell ski holidays ourselves but can point you in the right direction.